This herbal gin cocktail will be a big hit at your next event. The light floral and lemon notes make this a great cocktail for spring.
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme If you do not grow your own fresh thyme, you will be able to get some at local grocery store.
- 1/2 ounce lime juice fresh squeezed is the only way to go.
- 1 1/2 ounce gin Hendrix gin is nice and smooth, but use your favorite.
- 1/2 ounce limoncello buy your favorite limoncello or try you hand at making your own limoncello .
- The key is to heat up your thyme. Your choice in how you do so will be reflected in the cocktail. No matter your choice (broiled in the oven, the charcoal grill or gas grill). Heating the thyme brings out the floral notes of the thyme. This is very important in the making this cocktail.
- In a mixing tin place your warmed up thyme, lime juice and gently muddle.
- Next add your gin and limoncello.
- Fill the glass with ice, stir and strain well into a cocktail glass with fresh ice.
- Garnish with a fresh sprig of thyme and if your feeling excited add a lime or lemon twist. Then enjoy.