“Southern Tea” was invented by poet and author by day, mixologist by night Derek M.A. Alexander. He was inspired by his trip to Atlanta in the great state of Georgia, where he took his first sip of Peach Tea and loved it! It is the southern answer to the “Long Island Iced Tea.” Also known as “Dirty Tea.” Just be sure to take it slow on a hot summer day this one will catch you off guard.
- 1/2 ounce light rum Bacardi light is nice and smooth
- 1/2 ounce vodka Smirnoff or something comparable
- 1/2 ounce silver tequila Huradura Silver is good and cost effective
- 1/2 ounce gin
- 1/2 ounce Southern Comfort Peach Liqueur Note: To lessen the amount of ingredients you may omit the peach schnapps and peach brandy. In place use 1 more ounce of Southern Comfort Peach Liqueur
- 1/2 ounce peach schnapps See notes on Southern Comfort
- 1/2 ounce peach brandy See notes on Southern Comfort
- 1 ounce lemon – lime soda 7up is great
- 2 ounces sweet tea fresh brewed is best
- 1/2 ounce bitters Optional
- Mix all ingredients pour over ice and serve chilled.
- Add a mint for a great added flavor.
- If making in a large batch. Try adding fresh peaches to the pitcher. For added flavor and texture.