This sweet spring berry adds a bright berry flavor to a classic Cuban drink.
- 3-4 each strawberries fresh and ripe
- 3-4 each mint leaves muddling the mint leaves is traditional. However you may chop the leaves to add to the drink. However chopping the leaves will not bring out the same amount of oils and flavors.
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2 ounce light rum like Bacardi silver
- 1 ounce lime juice fresh squeezed, about 2 limes depending on the time of year.
- 4 ounces soda water
- In a large highball glass or mixing tin. muddle your strawberries, mint and simple syrup. With the back of a drink spoon or a muddler.
- Stir in your rum and lime juice. Poor into a highball glass over ice. Add soda water and stir.
- Garnish with strawberry and mint sprig.