- Pour the cider into a slow cooker or large stock pot.
- Cut orange into 1/4 inch slices. Peal the ginger by using a spoon. (scrap off the skin using the open part of the spoon). Add the fresh ingredients into your slow cooker or stock pot.
- Place the cinnamon sticks & cloves into a cheesecloth satchel, tie with butchers twine and place into slow cooker or stock pot. You may put the cinnamon stickes & cloves directly into the slow cooker or stock pot without the satchel but will need to strain the cider before drinking.
- Turn slow cooker on low for 3-4 hours or turn your stock pot on low. Keep a lid on your cider to ensure the most aromatic flavors are not lost and to reduce loss of liquid from evaporation.
- Strain your cider if needed before serving.
- Add your 1 ounce of Winter Jack Cider or Apple Jack Whiskey to each glass then fill with cider. Garnish with a cinnamon stick and orange slice.