- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine
- 1/2 cup brandy or spiced rum
- 2 each small green apples or green pears (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 each oranges , sliced reserve a few slices for garnish.
- 1-2 each cinnamon sticks
- rosemary sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/2 cups sparkling juice or water
- In a large punch bowl or pitcher, add the wine, brandy, chopped apples or pears, cranberries and pomegranate seeds. Slice the oranges , place into the wine mixture (Reserve a few sliced oranges to garnish the glasses, or just add them to the bowl too!) Add in the cinnamon stick (s).
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Right before serving, add the sparkling juice, stir and add a sprig of rosemary for garnish. Serve and enjoy!
Note: Muddle half the fruit with the brandy first and let sit for at least 15 minutes before combining with the rest of the ingredients. This will infuse the flavors and give a more aromatic sangria.